The Bellevue Community League is hiring an Administrative and Facilities Assistant under the Canada Summer Jobs program.
The Administrative and Facilities Assistant would:
- support the establishment of board, organizational and facility policies and procedures
- conduct research on civic issues to assist league with developing these policies and procedures
- conduct an audit of all league building spaces and create an inventory of all league equipment
- create organizational and facility operating manuals and support documents
- connect to building renters, tenants and potential contractors as required during working hours
- liaise with neighborhood programs offered in the building and in nearby Borden Park (i.e. Green Shack and other City of Edmonton initiatives over summer) and
- recommend how we can increase our reach and connection to diverse neighbors in our community.
Please see the job description for additional detail on the specific tasks of this position.
Term: 9 weeks, from approximately late-May to late-July 2017 with some flexibility in the start time. A work week consists of 30 hours and typically would be between the hours of 10am – 5pm, with an unpaid lunch break.
Wage: $18.00/hr. No additional benefits offered.
Education and Experience: According to the terms of the Canada Summer Job funding we received, we are looking to hire someone between the ages of 15 to 30 who are full-time students intending to return to their studies in the next school year. Given the duties and requirement for independent work, we will give preference to students enrolled in college or university in an administrative, business or recreational program. The successful applicant may also have to undergo a criminal records check if they will be in direct contact with youth.
Supervision and Mentorship: Successful candidate will receive mentorship and supervision from the Board through one designated contact, according to an established Supervision and Mentoring Plan.
For questions and to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume as one pdf to the attention of Ericka Chemko, firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:30pm on Friday, May 26, 2017.
We are committed to hiring Aboriginal students and/or Members of a Visible Minority as well as a resident of the Bellevue or Virginia Park neighborhoods.